Dr Jamie RyanMBChB, FRACS
- Head and Neck Surgery
- Nose and Sinus Surgery
- Skin Cancer Surgery
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Thyroid Surgery
Jamie Ryan is a fully qualified surgeon specialising in Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery and Facial Plastic Surgery. He undertook advanced surgical training in Auckland, Christchurch and Dunedin before completing an 18 month fellowship in Dundee, Scotland.
He has a broad based training in surgery of the head and neck, with the following subspecialty interests:
- Surgery for head and neck cancer (including cancer of the mouth, throat, neck, salivary glands and thyroid)
- Facial cosmetic surgery including:
- Rhinoplasty – nose surgery
- Otoplasty – ear surgery
- Blepharoplasty – eyelid surgery
- Surgery of the nose and sinuses
Dr Ryan is based in Dunedin and works at both Dunedin Public Hospital and Mercy Hospital, and is actively involved in the teaching and training of undergraduate medical students and surgical trainees.
Qualifications and Memberships
- MBChB University of Otago
- FRACS Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Member of the New Zealand Society of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery.
- Member of the Australasian Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery
- Board Certified in Facial Plastic Surgery (International Board for Certification in Facial, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery)